Mike Mason???

Discussion on anything

Re: Mike Mason???

Postby PapaJohn » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:03 am

Others I'd like to hear from are:
1. Parents who have kids in the district.
2. People who actually know the parties.
3. District staff, teachers who have opinions.
4. Members of the various PTAs, and citizens advisory councils.

The clear trend of this discussion is all against the CEO, but there has to be more to this story, so speak up and inform us. And then maybe all our talk and speculation is spot on target, which shouts out that our school board really needs to be replaced.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby Mack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

My wife talked to a neighbor that has kids at school and knows both individuals. Apparently there's a petition on Facebook asking for the resignations of the board members. Not sure if it'll do any good, but at least there's more than the 5 of us concerned about the deal.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby PapaJohn » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:49 am

A little more info came out yesterday. Branson Tri-Lakes News reports that another, but former district principal, provided a affidavit that Mason also inappropriately touched her and made sexual statements to her. She did advise Mason to stop and also reported it to district managers. Well, can't blame the insurance company for not wanting to go to trial. They seems to be the smart party in this deal. But the 6 school board members and likely some other district administrators should be replaced. Sounds like a real rats nest that needs some cleaning out. But here we sit with the same rats still in charge. Let's hope the petition has some impact, but I'm more upset with the board than I am Mason. Those 6 guys are clueless.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby mhammer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 pm

I have read the articles and I am sooo pissed off about this and how it was handled by our school board. She was forced into retirement and he gets his contract renewed What the hell is wrong with these board members and What kind of message do they think they are sending to the student body and community.. The message that I see is that if someone sexually harasses you they will be rewarded and you will be the one that has to pay as in giving up your job stepping down from your position that you have worked hard to get to...
Right now I have decided that I will make it my mission to make sure none of these board members are re-elected. The only one I will not fight about is the only woman on our board she seems to be the only one that gets it about the message they are sending.
if I spelled anything wrong get over it and don't bother to correct me just figure it out lol
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
mhammer
Certified Local
Certified Local

Postby FAADAN » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:31 am

School boards can be very cliquish. There is a lot of money that goes through school boards and especially with the building of a new school and disposing of the old one. Where there are huge sums of money there is also the possibility of a lot of political corruption. With a good old boy attitude, they all know who benefits from that money and who not to make mad, exposing where the money goes. I have seen lots of this type of behavior being hushed up because the offender knew too much about skeletons in closets.
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby BIG JOSE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:08 pm

When all the smoke clears he will still be their until he gets caught at lest three more times....

:smoking: :tup: :blow:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Mark Twain
BIG JOSE
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby mhammer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 am

I just have to ask everyone Will all those that seem outraged about what is going on, with our school board Can you be counted on to attend the next school board meeting The comunity needs to show strength and let this school board know exactly how we feel about how this has been handled and Why Mason's contract was renewed.
We the Voters and tax-payers are the ones that are going to end up paying the bill for his behavior
Why should we have to pay for this it will mean another tax increase to pay out the money all this money.. He I mean Mike Mason should be the one paying for his behavior not us..
Soo will you attend the Next school Board Meeting????

APR. 19th

School Board Meeting - April 2017
Wed 5:30 PM · 20281 MO-413, Reeds Spring, MO 65737-9755, United States
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
mhammer
Certified Local
Certified Local

Postby Old Salt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 am

Several of you indicated you would attend the Reeds Spring school board meeting held last night to provide input on how they should handle Mike Mason. The minutes aren’t out yet. How’d it go?
Old Salt
Certified Local
Certified Local

Postby PapaJohn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am

I was not there, out of town and not returning till next week. Springfield News-Leader has good coverage on page A2 today. Seems like folks said what had to be said. Some spoke in favor of the rascal, but those in opposition got their points across. Board stood by their decisions, which they have to. No surprises in the article. But it looks like the taxpayers voices were at least heard. The petition thing is still playing out but I think that's more form than substance. I did sign the petition. But his contract, with a nice raise, is in place and the board cannot fire him without negotiating a financial settlement with him now. The board has boxed themselves in unfortunately. Best recourse now is to vote the board out as they stand for re-election and that takes years. I can't imagine the guy even wanting to stay and live in the community, but that's just me. Bad deal all around.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby PapaJohn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

Forgot to mention that the board President did advise the media that the board was going to ignore the petition. He said something along the lines of petitions not meaning anything. So there you have it.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby FAADAN » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:39 am

PapaJohn wrote:I was not there, out of town and not returning till next week. Springfield News-Leader has good coverage on page A2 today. Seems like folks said what had to be said. Some spoke in favor of the rascal, but those in opposition got their points across. Board stood by their decisions, which they have to. No surprises in the article. But it looks like the taxpayers voices were at least heard. The petition thing is still playing out but I think that's more form than substance. I did sign the petition. But his contract, with a nice raise, is in place and the board cannot fire him without negotiating a financial settlement with him now. The board has boxed themselves in unfortunately. Best recourse now is to vote the board out as they stand for re-election and that takes years. I can't imagine the guy even wanting to stay and live in the community, but that's just me. Bad deal all around.

You can be fired for cause with no settlements. Was the new contract signed before or after the payout?
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby PapaJohn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am

Don't know the time line on that but I assure you the board will not fire him. If he goes he will be given an opportunity to resign and there will be a settlement. They are boxed in. You know they had lots of legal advise along this ugly path. The primary duty of a school board is to preserve the reputation and integrity of the district and in that regard our school board has failed us.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby PapaJohn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Ok, I did discover the timeline in one of the news stories. It's an interesting timeline, as well. Both the settlement agreement and the CEOs contract extension were executed on March 15th. So the whole messy deal was wrapped up in one financial package. So there sits the school board needing to extend the CEOs employment contract and they are advised that they really should not do that with these allegation hanging over their heads, which had by then been backed up by yet another female district principal. So is the thought process; " hey guys, we need to make this thing go away so we can continue with our CEO"? Now you know they had legal advise and likely pretty good legal advise. So the mystery remains, why did they tie in the contract extension to the kegal settlement? We will likely never know.
But I do know this....this fellow cannot possibly walk around town, conduct meeting, etc and hold his head high. Surely he wants to get out of town and start over somewhere else. I will be surprised to see him still here in 1 year.....hope I am not surprised.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Previous

Return to The Soap Box