Sales Taxes out of control !

Discussion on anything

Sales Taxes out of control !

Postby skeeter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 am

Our neighbor went over to the new Menards in Hollister yesterday to buy a couple of Appliances she needed to update her kitchen.

She called last night with a warning that Hollister's Sales Tax is now at a whopping 13 freaking percent !! :shock: :shock:

I've bought things at Lowe's over there before and and toured the gigantic Menard's but after that discovery will not patronize either one in the future.

13% ?? RIDICULOUS ! Wonder which local-yokel Politician's pocket that is going into ? Spend $1000.00 on a couple of appliances and figure on adding another $130.00 to the bill for what ?
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Re: Sales Taxes out of control !

Postby Ranger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 am

Skeeter, there is something wrong here-Hollister tax rate is 8.1%. Called Menards and asked for total tax rate on purchases and they said 8.1%
Ranger

Postby skeeter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks. Called the neighbor back with your information. She looked again at her receipt and verified yours' and Menard's statement about 8.1% and apologized.

I've been noticing all the Government requests for increases in Sales Taxes and have become fed up with them since every time you turn around it seems they are asking for yet another regressive Sales Tax. They just love Sales Taxes because they are next to impossible to audit and the public has great difficulty discovering where they are spent and on what. When I heard 13% (in error) it ticked me off. Branson's is bad enough, depending on where the purchase is made.

I stand corrected and appreciate the feed back.
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby FAADAN » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:33 am

I shop in Hollister because the Branson tax rate at Home Depot is so high.
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby BIG JOSE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm

FAADAN wrote:I shop in Hollister because the Branson tax rate at Home Depot is so high.

Me too....
:tup: :tup:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Mark Twain
BIG JOSE
Local Gold
Local Gold

Return to The Soap Box