GOODBY ALL

Discussion on anything

GOODBY ALL

Postby BIG JOSE » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:55 pm

It looks like this sight has seen better day, so I will be moving on. 13 years is a long time, have fun all....

:smoking: :tup: :sheepish:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Mark Twain
BIG JOSE
Local Gold
Local Gold

Re: GOODBY ALL

Postby Mack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:50 am

Yep, looks looks like it may be time to turn the lights out.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 am

Yeah, this "site' was pretty much ruined by all the hateful messages during the Rader for Sheriff campaign several years ago. After that mess the users dwindled to just a few.

Really a shame as there is no other venue on which to get good, local information and local news around here is tough to come by other than word of mouth via the grapevine, bars and the rumor-laden "miracle-shops" (beauty-shops).
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:29 pm

skeeter wrote:Yeah, this "site' was pretty much ruined by all the hateful messages during the Rader for Sheriff campaign several years ago. After that mess the users dwindled to just a few.

Really a shame as there is no other venue on which to get good, local information and local news around here is tough to come by other than word of mouth via the grapevine, bars and the rumor-laden "miracle-shops" (beauty-shops).

My wife's quilting group is another vast source of misinformation. I recall the Rader rumble, but didn't know much about what went on. A lot of people use facebook instead of message boards too. I had a FB acct. for a day. I found it to be completely worthless.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby chhawkins » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Other social media formats have diverted attention from our local "spit & whittle" club. I don't use them but I think Tweeter, Snapfish, many others that are instant in response times are competitive for the socially active folks. I had a FB account for a few years but no longer have one. It, too, declined drastically over theyears since inception. I tend to read the Stone County Gazette for belated information as ours is usually two days past the posted events in it, too. Interesting to think that in this day and age of all our "advanced techonologies" we are digressing back to our former lifestyles many years ago....? "Fake News" is not a recent invention.
I don't post too much cause I don't know much. I was told in basic training, 1972, that everyone has an opinion....just like everyone has a "nose". :violn: :clap:
chhawkins
Local Silver
Local Silver

Return to The Soap Box