Boat Dock Insurance Rates

Discussion on anything

Postby chhawkins » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am

I am doing some research on insurance rates for our local boat docks/slips.
Last fall, we paid SF about $ 180.00 per slip for our eight slip community boat dock annual insurance premium.
We have had this policy with SF for more than 13 years, so it is not a "first year incentive" price.

At your convenience, would you post your premium rates, company initials, how many slips in your dock & how many years policy has been in effect.
I am guessing that each category will impact premium rates ? Maybe, we are "all in the same boat" ?
chhawkins
Local Silver
Local Silver

Re: Boat Dock Insurance Rates

Postby Mack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 pm

We have SF and are paying $131 per slip x 6. That's for a $25k policy. I wanted to raise the coverage, but two guys said no and the rest refused to cover their share.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby PapaJohn » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 pm

16 slip HOA dock with $120,000 insurance... currently about $100 per slip per year. MFB...been with them over 20 years but no claims.
PapaJohn
Local Yocal
Local Yocal

Postby skeeter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 am

Can't post Premium because, thanks to the shoreline MONOPOLY granted by the USACE to Marina owners, we are forced to rent a slip and are not allowed to have a dock. :evil:

However, I would suggest calling Justin with Shelter up on Joe Bald at 13 ( Tom Martin's Agency 739-5262) to see if Shelter carries Boat Dock Insurance and to get a quote. They saved us a ton of Premium on our Homeowner's Policy vs. AAA (that we were with for 32 years) with the identical coverage.

From past experience and my better half being in the Insurance Industry for years I's also suggest getting competitive quotes rather than rely on what others are paying because things change rapidly with liability and property-damage rates. Good Luck !
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby chhawkins » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 pm

thanks for the recommendation of JS at SS. I called him today and he said they do not write exclusive polices just for a boat dock. They will cover the slip as an extension of the homeowners policy. I would guess all insurance companies would also. I asked him for recommendation of another company that I could visit and he said that SF is the only company that he knows in our area.
chhawkins
Local Silver
Local Silver

Return to The Soap Box