Hey Skeeter!

Discussion on anything

Hey Skeeter!

Postby Mack » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Did you go to the meeting? I got very few good answers on the solar question. Kevin from the CORPS hung it on an Obama executive order that all federal facilities convert to alternative energy where possible. Are all the CORPS offices converting? No answer. He was surrounded by 10-12 guys, but I managed to ask why only private docks and not all. No answer. Why do no wake buoys need removed from private docks. Answer: Because few move them to the required 100' when the lake is flooded. When you allow the lake to flood, how the hell do we get to our docks? No answer. And everyone around me was po'd about the cruisers and wake boats.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Re: Hey Skeeter!

Postby skeeter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 am

No, dammit !

A very elderly neighbor who is a widower, lives alone and has no near-by family and who is a long-time friend started having chest pains and called us and wouldn't let us call an Ambulance for him. Not wanting to upset him and stress him even more I drove him up to Mercy ER, Springfield along with my Wife and we didn't get home until 3 A.M. this morning. And that was the last meeting and I had an earful prepared for them about those wakes.

I'm really glad to hear about others being upset about the hypocrisy of shoreline use while doing nothing about damaging wakes. I don't have a personal iron in the fire over boat docks since we are not "allowed" to have one but that alternate power requirement is more Obama B.S. and unneeded Federal intrusion and expense.

Glad you were able to attend and put your contribution in. Hope something comes of it. I've already emailed them but wanted to actually confront them in person.
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:23 am

Greg Oller is an arrogant, condescending a$$hole by the way.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby FAADAN » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Mack wrote:Greg Oller is an arrogant, condescending a$$hole by the way.

Who is he?
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby FAADAN » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:06 pm

I sent letters to Blunt and Long, I figure the Corps has its mind made up about what they want to do and they are just taking comments to fill a block on some form. The only way they will change anything is if Congress directs them to.
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:50 am

FAADAN wrote:
Mack wrote:Greg Oller is an arrogant, condescending a$$hole by the way.

Who is he?

Table Rock COE manager.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby Mack » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 am

FAADAN wrote:I sent letters to Blunt and Long, I figure the Corps has its mind made up about what they want to do and they are just taking comments to fill a block on some form. The only way they will change anything is if Congress directs them to.

I've sent two each to Long Blunt and Claire. Long and Blunt are in the pockets of the real estate creeps and most likely Johnny Morris. Sounds like a guy made this a major issue at the Chateau meeting according a neighbor that went to all of them.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:12 am

Long bought an older Lakefront house this past Winter down off Hwy. "H" West of Lampe and remodeled it. He's currently trying to "flip" it for a ridiculous price that only a moron, Lobbyist or special interest contributor would pay him....maybe that's the new way of raising money ??

I will admit that Long did write a very direct letter to the hard-of-hearing bozos at the Little Rock USACE about their well-known "non-response" to public input on their previous request for public response to this mostly unneeded change in Shoreline management.

As regards these asinine boat sizes and damaging wakes; I'm coming to the conclusion that the ones to write about that are our State Legislators who need to pass laws restricting speeds of these craft and empowering the Water Patrol to enforce it. I know from responses and postings on the Ozark Anglers website coming from the Lake of the Ozarks thread complaining about the same problem that the MO Water Patrol has told them that there is/are no law(s) in effect that they can enforce.

When I say "asinine boat sizes" an example would be pulling into the cove that Campbell Point marina sits in last evening and watching a 45 ft. long Cabin Cruiser with an upper Bridge pull out from between two docks and reading the usual boat's name painted on the stern. Below it was "home port....some Florida town located on the Intercoastal Waterway". The guy driving it was up on the upper Bridge at least 15-18 feet above the water. You REALLY NEED that barge on Table Rock ? :x :evil:
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:50 am

skeeter wrote:Long bought an older Lakefront house this past Winter down off Hwy. "H" West of Lampe and remodeled it. He's currently trying to "flip" it for a ridiculous price that only a moron, Lobbyist or special interest contributor would pay him....maybe that's the new way of raising money ??

I will admit that Long did write a very direct letter to the hard-of-hearing bozos at the Little Rock USACE about their well-known "non-response" to public input on their previous request for public response to this mostly unneeded change in Shoreline management.

As regards these asinine boat sizes and damaging wakes; I'm coming to the conclusion that the ones to write about that are our State Legislators who need to pass laws restricting speeds of these craft and empowering the Water Patrol to enforce it. I know from responses and postings on the Ozark Anglers website coming from the Lake of the Ozarks thread complaining about the same problem that the MO Water Patrol has told them that there is/are no law(s) in effect that they can enforce.

When I say "asinine boat sizes" an example would be pulling into the cove that Campbell Point marina sits in last evening and watching a 45 ft. long Cabin Cruiser with an upper Bridge pull out from between two docks and reading the usual boat's name painted on the stern. Below it was "home port....some Florida town located on the Intercoastal Waterway". The guy driving it was up on the upper Bridge at least 15-18 feet above the water. You REALLY NEED that barge on Table Rock ? :x :evil:

The boats and buoys were a hot topic at the Reeds Spring meeting. A couple of resort owners were there complaining about dock damage from the wake board boats. I don't trust Long any further than I could throw and that wouldn't be very far. The corps guy that I talked to about the buoys blamed on the MSWP. He claims the buoys are redundant and not needed. And I have zero faith in our state reps. A hot button for me has been the rescinding of the puppy mill bill several years ago. Our Stone county rep said the majority of his constituents wanted it changed. I asked him for his stats. I'm still waiting. The guy in Cassville said it hurt livestock producers. I told him if a bill can't be written that can differentiate between an dog and steer maybe the wrong people are in charge. I've not heard back.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby Mack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Mack wrote:
skeeter wrote:Long bought an older Lakefront house this past Winter down off Hwy. "H" West of Lampe and remodeled it. He's currently trying to "flip" it for a ridiculous price that only a moron, Lobbyist or special interest contributor would pay him....maybe that's the new way of raising money ??

The boats and buoys were a hot topic at the Reeds Spring meeting. A couple of resort owners were there complaining about dock damage from the wake board boats. I don't trust Long any further than I could throw and that wouldn't be very far. The corps guy that I talked to about the buoys blamed on the MSWP. He claims the buoys are redundant and not needed. And I have zero faith in our state reps. A hot button for me has been the rescinding of the puppy mill bill several years ago. Our Stone county rep said the majority of his constituents wanted it changed. I asked him for his stats. I'm still waiting. The guy in Cassville said it hurt livestock producers. I told him if a bill can't be written that can differentiate between an dog and steer maybe the wrong people are in charge. I've not heard back.

Here's your chance to own one of your own.
https://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/ ... 74104.html
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby FAADAN » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Affording a slip to keep it in is the hard part.
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am

FAADAN wrote:Affording a slip to keep it in is the hard part.

I assumed they're pricey. I know private slips are now capped at 30', but I supposed like always, no such rule exists for marinas.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 am

From discussions on other message boards, it seems that writing our Federal Reps. may have little or no chance of achieving any results regarding these huge wakes and the damages, dangers and erosion they produce.

The only way to empower the MO Water Patrol to enforce anything is to first get State Laws passed restricting speeds on watercraft over a certain length to "no-wake" and outlaw "plowing" to deliberately generate a large wake by any vessel that has an inboard engine.

Several that attended the USACE public meetings have been posting that the Corps is actually looking for help on this issue but it seems it must come from the State level.

So it now becomes important to copy your State Rep. and State Senator with the same letters you sent Claire, Roy and Billy. If there are B.S. replies that TR is a "public Lake" as an excuse, reply back that "while that is correct, it does not give the right to the owners of certain classes of vessels to ruin the Lake shoreline and make use of the Lake DANGEROUS for others by the results of operating their boats in a certain way ". Just like our roads are "public", that does not confer the right to those using them to operate vehicles in a hazardous, careless and reckless manner that impinges on the rights of other users to travel safely.
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 am

skeeter wrote:From discussions on other message boards, it seems that writing our Federal Reps. may have little or no chance of achieving any results regarding these huge wakes and the damages, dangers and erosion they produce.

The only way to empower the MO Water Patrol to enforce anything is to first get State Laws passed restricting speeds on watercraft over a certain length to "no-wake" and outlaw "plowing" to deliberately generate a large wake by any vessel that has an inboard engine.

Several that attended the USACE public meetings have been posting that the Corps is actually looking for help on this issue but it seems it must come from the State level.

So it now becomes important to copy your State Rep. and State Senator with the same letters you sent Claire, Roy and Billy. If there are B.S. replies that TR is a "public Lake" as an excuse, reply back that "while that is correct, it does not give the right to the owners of certain classes of vessels to ruin the Lake shoreline and make use of the Lake DANGEROUS for others by the results of operating their boats in a certain way ". Just like our roads are "public", that does not confer the right to those using them to operate vehicles in a hazardous, careless and reckless manner that impinges on the rights of other users to travel safely.

Our Stone Co. rep has proven to be worthless in the past, but that isn't going to stop me from sending a message. I hope some of the guys on Ozark Anglers can get something organized. I'm betting the area boats dealers already have.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Reports claim record high boat sales so I doubt the Boat dealers would be in favor of limiting use of their destructive, wake-producing, high-dollar/priced wake boats.

Both Rep. Don Phillips Don.Phillips@house.mo and Sen. David Sater David Sater David.Sater@senate.mo.gov sit on Tourism committees ( as they should ) and need to be made aware of this dangerous, shoreline-eroding wake issue.

While the big dollar people that own these wake-producing vessels do drop a lot of money here during the June, July and 1/2 of August time period it's the Angler who comes here all year that is being run off the Lake during those 2 & 1/2 Months that is paying the price and being denied access.
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Next

Return to The Soap Box