Rooster pheasant

Discussion on anything

Rooster pheasant

Postby Mack » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:34 pm

If anyone is looking for their rooster pheasant, he's walking around OO at OO-10. I thought I was back in Nebraska this morning.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Re: Rooster pheasant

Postby skeeter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 am

Since we have many confirmed sightings of Mountain Lions widely scattered around the State I guess Pheasants are out roaming around too ?
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 pm

skeeter wrote:Since we have many confirmed sightings of Mountain Lions widely scattered around the State I guess Pheasants are out roaming around too ?

Several years ago, one of my blowhard weekend neighbors claimed to have a baby black bear in one of his trees. It was a big groundhog a dog chased up there. He's been mocked ever since.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Not making excuses for your neighbor identifying a Whistle Pig for a Bear but we do have occasional Bear(s) in my immediate area.

A guy up in Kingsgate on "H" took a good picture of one passing through his back yard and up on his Patio in the middle of the afternoon and took a good, clear picture of it and posted it on Ozark Anglers the next day. Coincidentally, our visiting Daughter's big Plott Hound took off jumping over the deck railing that same night and chased a Bear for a ways down the shoreline out front. At first we didn't believe her about the 2 A.M. incident but then there was the Kingsgate picture that showed-up that morning on OA that she knew nothing about.

The neighbor two homes over and about 400 yards away to our North lives on top of a semi-bluff right before it transitions into a vertical Bluff and there is a nice little cave there. This Sow Bear birthed and raised two cubs there Spring of last year (2016) and one of the cubs wandered into her neighbor's open garage and they had to call him and warn him not to come out of the house because Mama was right there watching.

But mistaking a Groundhog for a Bear cub is a good one ! :wink:
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:13 pm

This guy also claims to have introduced bull snakes to the area. He says he caught them in STL and brought them down. Black snakes too. But he bought those in AR. As far as bears, I've seen pictures of them going through the dumpsters at the Aunts Creek park.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby FAADAN » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Mack wrote:This guy also claims to have introduced bull snakes to the area. He says he caught them in STL and brought them down. Black snakes too. But he bought those in AR. As far as bears, I've seen pictures of them going through the dumpsters at the Aunts Creek park.

Afraid God beat him to it on the snakes.
Gridlock is Good
FAADAN
Local Gold
Local Gold

Return to The Soap Box