Harlow's at Campbell Point

Local Restaurants - What's new, what's good and what's bad.

Harlow's at Campbell Point

Postby Mack » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Anyone been there this year? Used to to be the Port Grille. I've heard a couple of questionable reviews about the joint that opened up in Koppie's location. Was told it was average at best and pretty pricey. We're headed out somewhere this week. We may have to go to the Dock and Eat at Big M. Good food and service, bit a bit of a ride.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Re: Harlow's at Campbell Point

Postby skeeter » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 am

We were at Harlow's earlier this Spring and found them to have almost the same menu as "The Port Grill". Clam strips were excellent and large, ditto on the Onion Rings. We've been looking forward to a return visit.
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Postby Mack » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:38 am

I think we'll give it try on Thursday. In other news, what the hell is Duckies Drive Thru liquor? It's in the old gas station across from the clam.
Mack
Local Silver
Local Silver

Postby skeeter » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

As time marches on things inevitably change and not always for the better. After lauding Harlow's last year I think people need to know things have changed there.

As much as we enjoyed boating over there we have now sworn off the place after three very disappointing visits this year. Two out of the three visits they were out of their Clam Strips and on the last visit they had them but I dare anyone to have found the teensy little clams in all the breading. The Server even warned us they had changed suppliers and the clams were tiny and that may have been the understatement of the year !

In addition to being out of the Clam Strips they were also out of their Onion Rings ( is there an Embargo on Onions ?) all three visits. We heard several other tables complaining about the lack of Onion Rings and no Clam Strips. :tdown:
skeeter
Local Gold
Local Gold

Return to Local Food of the Ozarks